agonistics: a language game
w a r r e n s a c k <email@example.com>
Financial support for this project has been provided by
- 2005 Rhizome Net Art Commission, awarded by Rhizome.org at the New Museum of Contemporary Art, New York
with support from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Greenwall Foundation, the Jerome Foundation, the Rhizome.org
community and the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts. This competition was juried by Natalie Bookchin of The Art Center,
Francis Hwang of Rhizome.org, Rachel Greene of Rhizome.org, and independent curator Yukiko Shikata.
- 2005 Artport gate page commission, Whitney Museum of American Art (Christiane Paul, curator)
- 2004-2007 Award #0416353 from the National Science Foundation, Digital Society and Technologies Program,
Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this website are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Science Foundation.
|This work has been exhibited in the following venues:
- 11 - 30 April 2005: Gate page for the Artport artport.whitney.org
of the Whitney Museum of American Art, New York (Christiane Paul, curator)
- 19 March 2005 - 7 August 2005: Making Things Public: Atmospheres of Democracy,
ZKM | Center for Art and Media, Karlsruhe, Germany (Bruno Latour, Peter Weibel and Steve Dietz, curators)
- 13 November 2004 - 23 January 2005, Database Imaginary,
Walter Phillips Gallery, Banff, Canada (Anthony Kiendl, Sarah Cook, and Steve Dietz, curators)
- TBA: 2005 Rhizome Net Art Commissions, New Museum of Contemporary Art, New York (Rachel Greene, curator)
||Agonistics: A Language Game is included in the following collections:
- Artbase at Rhizome.org (Rachel Greene, curator)
- Public Sphere_s in Media Art Net at the ZKM (Steve Dietz and Rudolf Frieling, curators)
- Fair Assembly at the ZKM (Steve Dietz, curator)
||The following institutions have provided wonderful work environments:
|| Thank you very much Sarah Cook, Steve Dietz, Rudolf Frieling, Rachel Greene, Anthony Kiendl, Bruno Latour, Christiane Paul, and Peter Weibel!